Saturday, January 5, 2019

Eggnog Recipe

I took four eggnog recipes I found online and "averaged" them to find something that made sense for me. That means: in metric, with round numbers, and corresponding roughly to the average of the recipes I found. They deviated a lot on some ingredients, so that's why I thought this was necessary to begin with.

"Spencer's eggnog"

For 12 servings:

Eggs: 10
Milk: 1 L
Cream: 500 ml
Sugar: 250 g
Alcohol: 500 ml (1/2 bourbon, 1/2 rum)

Per serving values:

Eggs: 0.8
Milk: 83 ml
Cream: 40 ml
Sugar: 20 g
Alcohol: 40 ml (1/2 bourbon, 1/2 rum)

Directions:

-Separate the egg yolks and egg whites
-beat egg yolks with sugar until smooth
-Add milk, cream, and alcohol
-(let age in fridge for ~3 days if possible)
-beat egg whites with a spoon of sugar until creamy
-spoon in and mix egg whites with other mixture
-serve in small glasses with a dash of nutmeg on top

No comments:

Post a Comment